Our cohort of social entrepreneurship enthusiasts will be forming part of a Community of Practice!
We’ll be working with dedicated sustainability professionals looking to embrace the paradigm shift for a healthier planet.
We’ll be integrating the triple bottom line – people, planet, profit – into your core business, and designing new social enterprises based on environmental sustainability and social impact.
We’ll be forming learning groups to share experiences, progress and tackle societal challenges together.
Our DESSI-CoP: Community of Practice around Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact is starting soon!
What is DESSI-CoP?
In partnership with +Acumen, the world’s school for social change, we are offering a 7-week blended learning course comprising:
- 5 online modules
- 7 in-person workshops, designed and facilitated to strengthen the learning experience and apply the concepts in practice. In addition to the workshops linked to each module, this includes one Kick-Off Session and one Debrief/Celebration Session
The modules be an introduction to the key mindsets and methods for strategically approaching environmental sustainability and social impact.
Who is it for?
This course is directed at social entrepreneurs, conservation entrepreneurs, corporate intrapreneurs, or any other person wishing to better understand, communicate or incorporate environmental sustainability and social impact to their core activity. It is also an opportunity for career-shifters to redefine their orientation and discern their niche within the increasingly relevant field of sustainability.
The CoP has two components: the online modules and the in-person workshops. The online modules are followed autonomously on your own time.
Launch Session – 14 Oct @ 18:00
In-Person Workshops at Impact Hub Joburg, 158 Jan Smuts Building, 9 Walters Street, 4th Floor, Rosebank
23 Oct @ 18:00
30 Oct @ 18:00
6 Nov @ 18:00
13 Nov @ 18:00
20 Nov @ 18:00
Presentation and Celebration Session – 27 Nov @ 18:00
Cost and Benefits:
The first 10 individuals who are accepted into the programme are requested to pay R350 each to secure their spots. Make sure to register early!
The next 10 individuals who register and receive an offer to attend the programme will be asked to pay R500 to secure their participation.
All attendees will receive a 3-month Impact Hub Community membership and be able to access our online tools and resources for 90 days.
More specifically, access to:
– “The Hub Hustle” online entrepreneurial support videos from our past sessions here at Impact Hub Joburg
– SDGs in Action tools
– An online entrepreneurs’ toolkit
– A private social network only for members of Impact Hub Joburg and the Impact Hub Africa network, as well as our partners
– Promotions and discounts from our partners, including Goodwings