Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact
Form part of a Community of Practice!
Are you looking to embrace the paradigm shift for a healthier planet?
Do you want to learn how to integrate the triple bottom line – people, planet, profit – into your core business, or design a new social enterprise based on environmental sustainability and social impact?
Do you wish to form part of a learning group to share experiences, progress and tackle this societal challenge together?
Join DESSI-CoP: our Community of Practice around Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact!
The Community of Practice is limited to 20 participants, selected on a first come, first served basis. The final deadline to register is October 7th. Priority will be given to learners who can attend all in-person workshops.
What is DESSI-CoP?
In partnership with +Acumen, the world’s school for social change, we are offering a 7-week blended learning course comprising:
- 5 online modules
- 7 in-person workshops, designed and facilitated to strengthen the learning experience and apply the concepts in practice. In addition to the workshops linked to each module, this includes one Kick-Off Session and one Debrief/Celebration Session
The modules will introduce you to the key mindsets and methods for strategically approaching environmental sustainability and social impact. The Community of Practice (learning group) will enable you to solidify acquired knowledge through peer-to-peer exchange. Read the full course description here.
When is it happening?
The CoP has two components: the online modules and the in-person workshops. The online modules are followed autonomously in your own time.
Launch Session – 14 Oct @ 18:00
In-Person Workshops at Impact Hub Joburg, 158 Jan Smuts Building, 9 Walters Street, 4th Floor, Rosebank
23 Oct @ 18:00
30 Oct @ 18:00
6 Nov @ 18:00
13 Nov @ 18:00
20 Nov @ 18:00
Presentation and Celebration Session – 27 Nov @ 18:00
Who is it for?
This course is directed at social entrepreneurs, conservation entrepreneurs, corporate intrapreneurs, or any other person wishing to better understand, communicate or incorporate environmental sustainability and social impact to their core activity. It is also an opportunity for career-shifters to redefine their orientation and discern their niche within the increasingly relevant field of sustainability. Most importantly, this course provides a framework for designing your own social or environmental enterprise. So no matter what you’re profile is, if you’re looking to bring sustainable solutions to the world, this course can help you.
Benefits for participants:
As a result of participating in DESSI-CoP you will:
– Design a social enterprise, ficticious or real, that responds to a local environmental challenge
– Equip yourself with the mindset and methods needed to approach environmental sustainability and social impact, applicable to your organisation and personal or professional projects
– Develop and be part of a community of peers for an enhanced learning experience, building lasting relationships with local changemakers
– Get access to meeting space and resources to develop your ideas beyond the course
The first 10 individuals who are accepted into the programme are requested to pay R350 each to secure their spots. Make sure to register early!
The next 10 individuals who register and receive an offer to attend the programme will be asked to pay R500 to secure their participation.
All attendees will receive a 3-month Impact Hub Community membership and be able to access our online tools and resources for 90 days.
More specifically, access to:
– “The Hub Hustle” online entrepreneurial support videos from our past sessions here at Impact Hub Joburg
– SDGs in Action tools
– An online entrepreneurs’ toolkit
– A private social network only for members of Impact Hub Joburg and the Impact Hub Africa network, as well as our partners
– Promotions and discounts from our partners, including Goodwings
The Community of Practice is limited to 20 participants, selected on a first come, first served basis. The final deadline to register is October 7. Priority will be given to learners who can attend all in-person workshops.
IMPORTANT: By completing and submitting this form, you are expressing your interest to be part of DESSI-Cop, our Community of Practice for the course titled Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact, delivered by our partner +Acumen. We will contact you regarding the next steps for enrollment in this course.