ABOUT IMPACT HUB JOBURG:
We believe a better world is created through the combined accomplishments of compassionate, creative, and committed individuals focused on a common purpose.
Impact Hub Joburg opened its doors in February 2017, providing a premier coworking space, curated learning events and facilitated/hosted connections for our members. Our members come from all sectors and various disciplines, but with a shared vision to create impact and drive positive social and environmental outcomes.
The Events Manager will play an integral role in the overall success of Impact Hub Joburg. S/he occupies one of the key external facing roles on our team and is responsible for recruitment, sales, production, and business management of all events in our space. This is the first Events Manager hire at Impact Hub Joburg, and the chosen candidate will have ample opportunity to shape the role.
We offer a variety of meeting and event spaces that can suit a variety of client needs and a successful candidate will assist us with hosting an inspiring and creative range of events that are highly relevant to the activities of our community.
The Event Manager’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the needs of our clients through their logistical preparations and delivery process of the events. The EM will work directly with and report to the Chief Executive Officer + Operations Director and will work closely with the finance and community hosting teams when appropriate.
A more detailed description of duties is as follows:
- Contribute to the development and execution of Impact Hub sponsored events that provide content relevant to the Impact Hub membership and the mission of the organization.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality event experiences for all clients holding events at Impact Hub.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to ensure that all events sales pipeline is managed effectively and that event sales targets are met.
- Process online event reservation requests from inquiry to booking and invoicing after the sale is confirmed;
- Ensure clients have signed relevant contracts and are following terms and conditions correctly.
- Maintain client communication and follow-up after sale/contract has been established.
- Manage pre-event walk through, AV and equipment details, confirm banquet and liquor licenses, etc.
- Follow the organizations’ agreed events processes as well as recommending improvements.
- Work with community hosting team to communicate to members about events that may affect their daily routines;
- Provide superior customer service to clients.
- Oversee the preparation for, running of and closing down of events and provide day-of staffing as needed;
- Following up with clients and collecting feedback
- Take ownership of any evening events that take place in the space
- … And a whole bunch of fun/stressful things we can’t predict.
You need to enjoy a challenge, have entrepreneurial drive, love solving puzzles, comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up and have a “let’s make it work” attitude. Providing great customer service is your highest priority. We will rely on you to provide hands-on solutions to everyday tasks and challenges. You will need to be an energetic and passionate individual who isn’t afraid of a challenge and who connects with the mission and strategic vision of Impact Hub Joburg and the broader global network.
- Natural customer service orientation and insistence on the highest standards of quality
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; knows that the devil is in the details
- Ability to prioritize according to strategic business objectives and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written, oral, copy editing and presentation skills; professional demeanour and poise
- Ability to effectively coordinate with a broad group of stakeholders from diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-paced event production or marketing environment, such as educational programming, hospitality, performing arts and/or conferences; demonstrated experience producing unique and creative events for 100+ attendees
DETAILS + COMPENSATION:
This is a Full-Time salaried position. Evening/weekend work may be required.
- Please send your resume to email@example.com using subject line “Event Manager Position”. Please limit attachments to PDF and Microsoft Word formats.
- Deadline to Apply: 31st May 2017
- Interviews will be early-mid June 2017
- Estimated start date is July 2, 2017.
We recommend that you read more about Impact Hub Joburg and the Global Impact Hub network at www.johannesburg.impacthub.net and www.impacthub.net.
Impact Hub Joburg is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to diversity of staff.